Article <va5atj$3v0r0$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<va5atj$3v0r0$2@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: cyclists attack auto driver
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2024 14:16:18 -0400
 <gj06cj1kimofmc8u9kt250diqmchn1pf2d@4ax.com> <v9voo7$2tip9$4@dont-email.me>
 <omp6cj9hm1c9bh8l5a9dee0ps37siiqoa0@4ax.com>
 <bhn7cjldbqvv58f67m3pbo1fcvjdbphser@4ax.com> <va0tks$3793q$4@dont-email.me>
 <s3o8cjdesesc2mgr60t2t9rdjqrv12m2l8@4ax.com>
 <tnq8cjd26q686281q3kmkmbok4gkj9u2j7@4ax.com> <va23o0$3chus$3@dont-email.me>
 <nndacjl6o7eljdqirb8qa8i281pjq66ipu@4ax.com> <va3dte$3ita9$1@dont-email.me>
 <va3h6p$3j0kg$5@dont-email.me> <ugbbcj5olk5b939d5020ah5ld3m6hsb4tv@4ax.com>
 <va4be9$3qdaj$1@dont-email.me> <va4qgf$3s780$7@dont-email.me>
 <va4voc$3t7i7$3@dont-email.me> <va4vtc$3tfje$1@dont-email.me>

On 8/21/2024 11:08 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 8/21/2024 10:05 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>> On 8/21/2024 9:36 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>>>
>>> That's one way to look at it. Then again he has some certainty of
>>> returning home after.
>>
>> That's the thing: I've also got certainty of returning home, no matter
>> what I'm doing - so much that I absolutely never think about needing a
>> weapon, or being afraid that I don't have one. And in 70+ years of
>> life, I've proven that certainty correct every time.
>>
>> Those carrying guns do so out of fear.
>>

> Neither of you is wrong but you do not share neighborhoods or prior risk
> event history and you each weigh the various criteria differently. It's
> a personal situational decision for which universal maxims fall short.

ISTM that I'm betting I'll not need a gun. Over thousands and thousands
of trips, I've always been proven right.

Our Florida tricycle rider is, in effect, betting that he's going to
someday need a gun. Sounds like in at least hundreds of trips, he's been
consistently proven wrong. But still, he's afraid.

--
- Frank Krygowski