Article <va6o0r$boml$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<va6o0r$boml$1@dont-email.me>

From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Losing typed-in text irretrievably
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2024 19:06:03 +1200

On 2024-08-22 05:00:38 +0000, Cameo said:

> It happens to me pretty often when I touch a key incidentally or when I
> have to do something else before Send or Save. Then the text I spent long
> time to type in just disappears irretrievably. In Android there was a
> confirmation question before such a critical action. If such feature is
> also available in iOS via some Setup option, I can not find it. But then I
> am fairly new in the Apple environment. So go easy on me if I should know
> this.

It would depend on what you're doing to cause that to happen, but it's
unlikely Android has some magic authentication message for whatever
you're doing either. For example, accidentally selecting all the test
and replacing it with a space will not give you a warning message on
any computer system.

You could possibly try the Undo feature to undo whatever you've just
done, but again it depends on wht you did.