Article <va75ef$djln$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<va75ef$djln$1@dont-email.me>

From: Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Losing typed-in text irretrievably
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2024 10:55:11 -0000 (UTC)

Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote:
> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>> On 2024-08-21 22:00, Cameo wrote:
>>>
>>> It happens to me pretty often when I touch a key incidentally or when I
>>> have to do something else before Send or Save. Then the text I spent long
>>> time to type in just disappears irretrievably. In Android there was a
>>> confirmation question before such a critical action. If such feature is
>>> also available in iOS via some Setup option, I can not find it. But then I
>>> am fairly new in the Apple environment. So go easy on me if I should know
>>> this.
>>>

>> In what context?
>>
>> Where and when does this happen?
>>

> Even this message I had to write again after the first one disappeared when
> I had to put it into background till I looked up something in a browser
> before Send.
> It also happened several times when I was writing inside an app to share my
> opinion about the app.

What phone do you have?

I've seen this before and I think it's due to the app being removed from
active memory - or whatever it's called - by apps you open with it in the
background. The paused app only saves some aspects which may not include
draft text. This a feature of the app, not the OS.

In the NewsTap newsreader I use, it saves draft messages. Reddit on the
otherhand doesn't so I sometimes lose draft messages

Like YourName says I doubt android has built-in a way to avoid this.