Article <va7bri$efcb$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<va7bri$efcb$1@dont-email.me>

From: AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Facebook Account
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2024 07:44:33 -0500

On 8/21/2024 8:17 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Aug 2024 17:36:39 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 21 Aug 2024 22:28:57 GMT, cyclintom <cyclintom@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Remember when you looked for patents in my name?
>>
>> Yes, I do remember.  You never specified which company, patented your
>> unspecified ideas that they used in what unspecified products. Perhaps
>> I'm also being too vague.  Which patent numbers have your name
>> attached?
>>
>> (Aug 31, 2023)
>> <https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/YAgynT7Dw2I/m/R6lf39FEAgAJ>
>> "The companies I worked for registered and patented their products -
>> my inventions under their names."
>>

> Actually I believe that the system works this way. The patent is made
> in the name of who owns it. If the inventor works for a company then
> obviously the company owns his output and thus the patent. But in all
> the cases that I've seen the individual(s) who actually did the work
> is given credit.
> see https://patents.justia.com/assignee/sturm-ruger-company-inc
>
> Magazine for firearm
> Patent number: 10921075
>   Type: Grant
> Filed: July 9, 2019
> Date of Patent: February 16, 2021
> Assignee: STURM, RUGER & COMPANY, INC.
> Inventors: Nathan Brown, Matthew S. Willson, Dean M. Cousino, Maksim
> Sakalouski
>
> or
>
> UNIVERSAL MAGAZINE LATCH MECHANISM FOR FIREARM
> Publication number: 20140325886
>   Type: Application
> Filed: May 5, 2014
> Publication date: November 6, 2014
> Applicant: Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc.
> Inventor: Jonathan Philip MATHER
>
> So, it seems likely that any invention made by Tom would include his
> name. If he did the work on his own time then logically the assignee
> would be his name and of done on "company time" the company's.
>
>> Since you were unwilling or uninterested in producing some patents
>> with your name attached, I had to resort to proving that there was no
>> patent.  Absence of proof is not proof of absence, but it works well
>> enough to demonstrate that you don't have any patented inventions.
>>
>>> And in your case that's saying a whole lot.
>>
>> Thanks.  I do tend to say "a whole lot", which is better than you
>> saying little or nothing of value.

There are notable exceptions.

William Riley was never credited for his inspired
breakthrough planetary gearbox. As an employee of Raleigh
Industries, the patent papers were drafted as work by two
midlevel engineers, Messrs Sturmey and Archer, who were not
involved in the development..
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org