Article <va9tgf$tca9$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<va9tgf$tca9$1@dont-email.me>

From: Mikko <mikko.levanto@iki.fi>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: [SR and synchronization] Cognitive Dissonances and Mental Blockage
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2024 14:58:07 +0300
References: <v9q6eu$1tlm9$1@dont-email.me> <liduroFtbroU2@mid.individual.net> <v9sh1e$2apq2$3@dont-email.me> <lig7svF8jpgU10@mid.individual.net> <v9vfe6$2qll6$10@dont-email.me> <liirfvFlcbgU4@mid.individual.net> <va1dn4$38k24$5@dont-email.me> <va1dti$38k24$6@dont-email.me> <lilfqlF2nlqU6@mid.individual.net> <va453m$3p3aa$4@dont-email.me> <lio5duFf36mU6@mid.individual.net> <va763d$blq6$7@dont-email.me> <liqodsFr49eU4@mid.individual.net>

On 2024-08-23 06:27:37 +0000, Thomas Heger said:

> Am Donnerstag000022, 22.08.2024 um 13:06 schrieb Python:

>>> Wrong, because definitions remain valid throughout the entire paper,
>>> unless stated otherwise.
>>
>> Part I.1 is in no way supposed to refer to definitions stated in
>> part I.3.
>
> Sure, but fortunately I have not written anything like this.
>
> I wrote, that defintions for §1.1 remain valind in §1.3, unless the
> author states otherwise.
>

>>> If an author defines some variable or other setting and later
>>> 'foregets' this definition, all older settings remain valid.
>>
>> And definitely NOT a definition of k/K that is stated LATER, moreover
>> neither K nor k are mentions in part I.1.
>
> Sure, but apparently you wanted to discuss a certain equation form part
> 1.3 on page 3.
>
> That was LATER than the introduction of K and k.
>

>>> What you apparently want is simply inexaptable:
>>> you want the reader to find out, which definition is valid at a certain
>>> position of the text and which one already expired.
>>
>> What I want is perfectly acceptable: that the reader has a functional
>> brain.
>

> It is a VERY bad idea, to 'fill the blancs' in a scientific text,
> because it would invite to see, what simply isn't there.
>

>>> The author needs to stick to a certain setting, because otherwise a
>>> reader could not jump backwards with reading in a paper, if the setting
>>> changes.
>>
>> It is not needed here, neither backwards nor forwards.
>

> Sure, you need to skip backwards, if you encounter a statement and
> simply forgot, what a certain symbol means.
>
> In Einstein's case, this was often necessary, because Einstein used
> very strange naming conventions.
>
> A very simple example would be the symbols for the four used coordinate
> systems: K, k, K' and k'.

These symbols are easy to remember: all are variants of K, which is
the first letter of Koordinaten-system. The only difference is that
K denotes the coordinate system K, k denotes the coordinate system k,
K' denotes the coordinate syste K', and k' denotes the coordinate
system k'. All coordinate systems are intertial, and much else is
not said about them so needn'd be remembered.

--
Mikko