Article <vaeuep$1r8qc$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vaeuep$1r8qc$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Fred. Zwarts" <F.Zwarts@HetNet.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: V5 --- Professor Sipser --- Execution trace of simulating
 termination analyzer HHH on DDD input
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2024 11:44:57 +0200
 <va3lai$3nd5c$2@dont-email.me> <va46sd$3pr24$1@dont-email.me>
 <va4mle$3s0hu$1@dont-email.me>
 <5591ff08ed8f7b4bdf33813681e156b775efe0ec@i2pn2.org>
 <va63uu$2fo9$1@dont-email.me>
 <b0a86b6a1343ebb5f9112ae757768a7cbbc770b2@i2pn2.org>
 <va65r8$6ht7$1@dont-email.me>
 <26fadbf7b8cb5f93dbe18bffeff6e959251f9892@i2pn2.org>
 <va6b4n$7boc$1@dont-email.me>
 <b19eb2a29dacfa67f2f9ced0d03234e980f4c985@i2pn2.org>
 <va6edj$8f0p$1@dont-email.me>
 <e20689d26c224e4923146d425843348539ce6065@i2pn2.org>
 <va7tb3$h3la$1@dont-email.me>
 <2c6dfb2e8cdafc17fd833599dfba3843f56a281a@i2pn2.org>
 <vaavkc$128hl$1@dont-email.me> <vac6ns$1atfd$1@dont-email.me>
 <vacmpa$1d5dd$1@dont-email.me> <vadd73$1ghhg$1@dont-email.me>
 <vadej5$1h1jn$2@dont-email.me>

Op 24.aug.2024 om 22:08 schreef olcott:
> On 8/24/2024 2:44 PM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:

>>> <MIT Professor Sipser agreed to ONLY these verbatim words 10/13/2022>
>>>      If simulating halt decider H correctly simulates its input D
>>>      until H correctly determines that its simulated D would never
>>>      stop running unless aborted then
>>>
>>>      H can abort its simulation of D and correctly report that D
>>>      specifies a non-halting sequence of configurations.
>>> </MIT Professor Sipser agreed to ONLY these verbatim words 10/13/2022>
>>>
>>> The fact is that it *WOULD* in fact keep repeating,
>>> thus *IT DOES* get the correct answer.
>>
>> The fact is that it only happens because you make it so with cheating
>> with the Root variable.
>
> That THE DECISION IS CORRECT makes moot how the decision was made.
> If HHH simply took a wild guess HHH would still be correct.

Your dream is that it the decision is correct. The fact is that the
decision is incorrect. Dreams are no substitute for facts.
As usual an cheating and incorrect method leads to an incorrect result.
No matter how much olcott wants it to be correct, or how many times
olcott repeats that it is correct, it does not change the fact that such
a simulation is incorrect, because it is unable to reach the end of a
halting program.
Olcott's own claim that the simulated HHH does not reach its end
confirms it. The trace he has shown also proves that HHH cannot reach
the end of its own simulation. So, his own claims prove that it is true
that HHH cannot possibly simulate itself up to the end, which makes the
simulation incomplete and, therefore, incorrect.
Dreams are no substitute for logic proofs.