Article <vakkha$30fkq$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vakkha$30fkq$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Anyone that disagrees with this is not telling the truth --- V5
 --- Professor Sipser
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2024 08:32:26 -0500
 <va3kac$3nd5c$1@dont-email.me>
 <148bf4dd91f32379a6d81a621fb7ec3fc1e00db0@i2pn2.org>
 <va3lai$3nd5c$2@dont-email.me> <va46sd$3pr24$1@dont-email.me>
 <va4mle$3s0hu$1@dont-email.me>
 <5591ff08ed8f7b4bdf33813681e156b775efe0ec@i2pn2.org>
 <va63uu$2fo9$1@dont-email.me>
 <b0a86b6a1343ebb5f9112ae757768a7cbbc770b2@i2pn2.org>
 <va65r8$6ht7$1@dont-email.me>
 <26fadbf7b8cb5f93dbe18bffeff6e959251f9892@i2pn2.org>
 <va6b4n$7boc$1@dont-email.me>
 <b19eb2a29dacfa67f2f9ced0d03234e980f4c985@i2pn2.org>
 <va6edj$8f0p$1@dont-email.me> <vak2dd$2lg1o$1@paganini.bofh.team>

On 8/27/2024 3:23 AM, Mikko wrote:

>>> Why do you think it could be a self-contradiction?
>>>
>>> It is an impossiblity for H to correctly due it, but that is why the
>>> Halting Problem is non-computable.
>>>

>> THIS EXACTLY MATCHES THE SIPSER APPROVED CRITERIA
>> The finite HHH(DDD) emulates itself emulating DDD exactly once
>> and this is sufficient for this HHH to predict what a different
>> HHH(DDD) do that never aborted its emulation of its input.
>
> That is relevant only if the input specifies that the behaviour
> of that different HHH is a part of the behaviour of DDD.

<MIT Professor Sipser agreed to ONLY these verbatim words 10/13/2022>
     If simulating halt decider H correctly simulates its input D
     until H correctly determines that its simulated D *would never*
     *stop running unless aborted* then
<MIT Professor Sipser agreed to ONLY these verbatim words 10/13/2022>

HHH is only required to correctly predict whether or not DDD
*would never stop running unless aborted*

_DDD()
[00002162] 55         push ebp
[00002163] 8bec       mov ebp,esp
[00002165] 6862210000 push 00002162
[0000216a] e853f4ffff call 000015c2
[0000216f] 83c404     add esp,+04
[00002172] 5d         pop ebp
[00002173] c3         ret
Size in bytes:(0018) [00002173]

*limited to 20,000,000 instructions*

  machine   stack     stack     machine     assembly
  address   address   data      code        language
[00002182][00103806][00000000] 55         push ebp      ; begin main
[00002183][00103806][00000000] 8bec       mov ebp,esp
[00002185][00103802][00002162] 6862210000 push 00002162 ; push DDD
[0000218a][001037fe][0000218f] e833f4ffff call 000015c2 ; call HHH
New slave_stack at:1038aa

Begin Local Halt Decider Simulation   Execution Trace Stored at:1138b2
[00002162][001138a2][001138a6] 55         push ebp
[00002163][001138a2][001138a6] 8bec       mov ebp,esp