Article <van3be$3f6c0$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<van3be$3f6c0$3@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Ben Bacarisse fails understand that deciders COMPUTE THE MAPPING
 FROM INPUTS
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2024 06:57:34 -0500
 <va3lai$3nd5c$2@dont-email.me> <va46sd$3pr24$1@dont-email.me>
 <va4mle$3s0hu$1@dont-email.me>
 <5591ff08ed8f7b4bdf33813681e156b775efe0ec@i2pn2.org>
 <va63uu$2fo9$1@dont-email.me>
 <b0a86b6a1343ebb5f9112ae757768a7cbbc770b2@i2pn2.org>
 <va65r8$6ht7$1@dont-email.me>
 <da75188ffa7677bd2b6979c8fc6ba82119404306@i2pn2.org>
 <878qwn0wyz.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
 <efacnfsQdv-ErlT7nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
 <87le0jzc8f.fsf_-_@bsb.me.uk> <vaj1kd$2kvg9$1@dont-email.me>
 <vak4gc$2teq9$3@dont-email.me> <vakj1m$302rl$4@dont-email.me>
 <vampa2$3dl83$2@dont-email.me>

On 8/28/2024 4:06 AM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:
> Op 27.aug.2024 om 15:07 schreef olcott:

>>> Only, because the simulation stopped, so that it skipped the halting
>>> part.

>>> No, all these years you did not realise that the simulation deviated
>>> from the semantics of the x86 language by skipping the last few
>>> instructions of a halting program.
>>>

>> *The abort code has been disabled*
>> *The abort code has been disabled*
>> *The abort code has been disabled*

> So, you changed the subject to another input for the simulator.

<MIT Professor Sipser agreed to ONLY these verbatim words 10/13/2022>
     If simulating halt decider H correctly simulates its input D
     until H correctly determines that its
     *simulated D would never stop running unless aborted* then

I proved the *simulated DDD would never stop running unless aborted*
I proved the *simulated DDD would never stop running unless aborted*
I proved the *simulated DDD would never stop running unless aborted*

> That other input will most probably not halt. And the simulator fails to
> produce the correct prediction.
> This is completely irrelevant for the different input where the abort
> code is enabled.

     H can abort its simulation of D and correctly report that D
     specifies a non-halting sequence of configurations.
</MIT Professor Sipser agreed to ONLY these verbatim words 10/13/2022>

     HHH can abort its simulation of DDD and correctly report that DDD