Article <vanb0n$3gcks$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vanb0n$3gcks$1@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: People Without Meaningful Lives Seek Power Over Others
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2024 10:08:23 -0400

On 8/27/2024 9:37 PM, AMuzi wrote:

> USA is a Constitutional Republic.
>
> Democracy is something else, for example where the Hutus wake up one
> morning and kill the Tutsis. Because they can.
>
> Or more simply, two wolves and a sheep voting on lunch.

There are very logical and practical reasons against running a country
as a pure democracy. That's why its essentially never done.

Even in a small town, can you imagine needing all the population to vote
on every administrative decision? And can you imagine how random the
votes would be, since very few voters would understand the context of
the issue, or the consequences of their choice?

And following the money, it would be easy for those with profits at
stake to flood the citizens with misinformation, to buy the result they
wanted.

--
- Frank Krygowski