Article <vb4cv3$2r7ok$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vb4cv3$2r7ok$3@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: This is how I overturn the Tarski Undefinability theorem
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2024 08:01:23 -0500

On 9/2/2024 2:54 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-09-01 13:47:00 +0000, olcott said:

>>> According to Prolog semantics "false" would also be a correct
>>> response.

>>> To the extend Prolog formalizes anything, that only formalizes
>>> the condept of self-reference. I does not say anything about
>>> int.

>>> Prolog does not say anything about truth-bearers.
>>>

>> It may seem that way if you have no idea what
>> (a) a directed is
>> (b) what cycles in a directed graph are
>> (c) What an evaluation sequence is
>
> More relevanto would be what a "truth-maker" is.
> Anyway, it seems that Prolog does not say anything about
> truth-bearers because Prolog does not say anything about
> truth-bearers.

When Prolog derives expression x from Facts and Rules
by applying the truth preserving operations of Rules to
Facts is the truthmaker for truth-bearer x.

>> If you do know these things then Prolog proved that LP
>> has no truth-maker and thus cannot be a truth-bearer.
>
> Prolog does not prove anythng about truth bearers.

Sure it does and it does this most directly when x is
unprovable in Prolog this proves that x has no truth-maker
in a set of Facts and Rules within the set of Facts and
Rules (AKA formal system).

> Certain kind
> of Prolog programs can be regarded as proofs in a weak formal
> system but that does not include those that end with "false".
> Even then the proof is not a proof about anything, just a
> formal proof.

False in Prolog simply means that ~x is proved by a set of Facts
and Rules. When neither x nor ~x can be proved withing a set
of facts and Rules then x is not a truth-bearer in this formal
system of facts and Rules.

>>> Which it didn't show.
>>
>> I showed it to everyone knowing (a)(b)(c)
>
> No, you did not.

I just showed that when neither x nor ~x is provable within
a set of Facts and Rules (AKA formal system) that x is simply
not a truth bearer in this formal system.

If the formal system is about lug-nuts then we cannot say that
it is incomplete for not knowing about birthday cakes.

If x is self-contradictory then x is rejected as invalid input
the same way that Prolog rejects the Liar Paradox.

?- LP = not(true(LP)).
LP = not(true(LP)).
?- unify_with_occurs_check(LP, not(true(LP))).
false.

Prolog detects a cycle in the directed graph of the
evaluation sequence of LP meaning that the evaluation
of LP has an infinite loop that would never end.