Article <vb998q$3plip$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vb998q$3plip$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Fred. Zwarts" <F.Zwarts@HetNet.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Defining a correct simulating halt decider
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2024 11:28:58 +0200

Op 03.sep.2024 om 15:25 schreef olcott:
> On 9/3/2024 2:07 AM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:

>>> It is emulating the exact same freaking machine code
>>> that the x86utm operating system is emulating.
>>
>> Even the best simulator will go wrong if it is given the wrong input.
>
> That is a stupid thing to say, you can see it was
> given the correct input.
The simulator is not allowed to change the behaviour of the input. Not
by using a Root variable, to make the simulated behaviour different, not
by assuming that it should simulate as if the abort code was not
present, not by skipping the last few instructions of a halting program,
not by simulating a hypothetical other program.
All these things make that the simulator is given the wrong input.
We have seen them in Olcott's description of the simulation.