Article <vb9eah$3q5i7$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vb9eah$3q5i7$1@dont-email.me>

From: Rolf Mantel <news@hartig-mantel.de>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Colnago Dream HP.
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2024 12:55:14 +0200

Am 16.08.2024 um 03:15 schrieb Jeff Liebermann:
> On Thu, 15 Aug 2024 22:53:20 GMT, cyclintom <cyclintom@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> ONE full glass of wine can put you over 0.08...
>
> "How many glasses of wine gets you drunk for a DUI?"
> <https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/blog/how-many-glasses-of-wine-does-it-take-to-get-drunk-for-a-dui/>
>

 > "Wine and DUI  ...you have to drink five or more "drinks" over a
> two-hour period for your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) to rise
> to 0.08% or higher." "Note that a "standard drink" contains roughly
> 14 grams of pure alcohol."

Those web sites are great:
1) The blood alcohol level is significantly different depending on
weight, gender, etc. (all have influence on how much blood your body has)
2) You need to drink exactly this much to exceed 0.08%.

As a corollary of 1, sentence 2 must be proceeded by "a 5'8" man with
BMI 24 needs to drink exactly this much" or similar.

>> ... and the change of that law did NOT change drunk driving deaths
>> whatsoever because you can barely feel 0.08% blood alcohol and
>> drunk driving deaths are caused by people with over 2.0.

...  is what a German politcian claimed having killed a pedestrian with
0.175% blood alcohol
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Wiesheu>
(politicians in the 1980's apparently had the 'license to kill' Trump is
wishing for)...

By now, the German lay specifies 0.05% when caught by "random controls"
or 0.03% after an accident or when the police detects driving errors
(failure to yield, failure to indicate when turning).

Perception of alcohol impairment varies significanlty depending on how
regular and how much you drink; changed reaction time does not.
I feel dizzy even after one beer (with German beer this is 1.5 to 2
units on the web site above), other people don't notice 5 beers at all.