Article <vb9ibg$3qjfp$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vb9ibg$3qjfp$1@dont-email.me>

From: Python <python@invalid.org>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Yes, t'=t in GPS.
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2024 14:04:00 +0200

Le 04/09/2024 à 10:01, Maciej Wozniak a écrit :
> At least  if by t, t' we mean the clock
> readings.

This is utterly meaningless. Any clocks, except if stopped, has a lot of
readings. It actually changes all the time !

I hoped that "one of the greatest logicians Humanity ever had" would
know that :-)

What "t" means is that for a given event happening somewhere a clock
being there marked a specific number. Same for "t'" except that this
is another clock which is involved, usually moving at some known
velocity wrt to the first one.

The point is how the clocks has been engineered and synchronized
beforehand?

Sometimes there is not really a clock there, but a signal of some
kind (wires, lights, whatever) is sent to a place collecting data.

I expected that "a information engineer" would know that :-)

At the end of the day it is strictly equivalent to have a clock
there as the signal speed has to be known in advance and THAT
knowledge comes from an experiment carrying two clocks.

> Yes, the clocks were engineered.
>
> Yes, "what clocks indicate" was always
> a matter of human engineering,

Sure. And, when it comes to GPS, GR plays a crucial role in the
way clocks are engineered.

> not any
> delusional song sang by the universe
> to your bunch of idiots.

I've read a lot of about clocks and SR, GR, etc. I've never
encountered a paper or book mentioning such a song.