Article <vbc16q$9vqh$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vbc16q$9vqh$3@dont-email.me>

From: "Fred. Zwarts" <F.Zwarts@HetNet.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Defining a correct simulating halt decider
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2024 12:29:45 +0200

Op 04.sep.2024 om 15:04 schreef olcott:
> On 9/4/2024 4:34 AM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:
>>>
>>> DDD emulated by HHH cannot possibly reach
>>> its final halt state no matter what HHH does.

>>> Yes it is you are wrong.

>>> Which makes the pathological input a counter-example
>>> to the false assumption that the direct execution of
>>> a machine always has the same behavior as the machine
>>> simulated by its pathological simulator.

>>> void DDD()
>>> {
>>>    HHH(DDD);
>>>    OutputString("This code is unreachable by DDD emulated by HHH");
>>> }

>>> No you are wrong !!!
>>>

>> Yes it does. HHH simulates only a few recursions, then it sees a
>> 'special condition', stops the simulation, returns to DDD and DDD halts.
>
> void DDD()
> {
>    HHH(DDD); // Fred lacks the software engineering skill to understand
>    OutputString("This code is unreachable from DDD emulated by HHH");
> }

Again, olcott language processing seems to be very poor.
Olcott does not even understand that I repeatedly agreed that HHH fails
to reach that point.
HHH fails to reach the end of the halting program.
Olcott thinks that this failure is a proof for non-halting behaviour,
but it only shows that the simulation was aborted too soon.
The finite string given to HHH describes a halting program, as proved by
the direct execution, by the unmodified world class simulator and even
by HHH1.
But HHH fails to reach the end of the program described by the finite
string. No surprise, because HHH cannot possibly simulate itself
correctly up to the end.