Article <vbes5c$punj$11@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vbes5c$punj$11@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: This is how I overturn the Tarski Undefinability theorem
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2024 07:22:04 -0500

On 9/6/2024 6:55 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-09-03 12:44:00 +0000, olcott said:

>>> A Prolog impementation applies Prolog operations.
>>
>> Which are (like logic) for the most part truth preserving.
>> If (A & B) then A
>
> Logic where the infoerence rules are for the most part truth prserving
> is not useful. They all must be.
>
>>> For some cases
>>> Prolog offers several operations letting the implementation to
>>> choose which one to apply.
>>
>> I don't thing so. Once the Facts and Rules are specified
>> Prolog chooses whatever Facts and Rules to prove x or not.
>> It is back-chained inference.
>
> Standard Prolog is what the Prolog standard says. Conforming
> implementations
> may vary if the standard allows. If you think otherwise you are wrong.
> There are also non-starndard Prlongs that vary even more.

The fundamental architectural overview of all Prolog implementations
is the same True(x) means X is derived by applying Rules (AKA truth
preserving operations) to Facts.

That is the way that all expressions X of language L are determined
to be true in L on the basis of the connection from X in L by truth
preserving operations to the semantic meaning of X in L.

{Linguistic truth} is the philosophical foundation of truth
in math and logic, AKA relations between finite strings.