Article <vbfjlm$u3q4$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vbfjlm$u3q4$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Paul.B.Andersen" <relativity@paulba.no>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Langevin and Doppler effects...
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2024 21:04:43 +0200

Den 05.09.2024 23:45, skrev Richard Hachel:

> Paul B. Andersen :
>
> https://paulba.no/pdf/TwinsByDoppler.pdf
>
> Well.
> There are often few numerical applications in the
> developments of relativistic theorists, because this can pose some
> problems of contradiction, or even absurdity.
>
> We will return to the eternal problem, which has scared away all the
> contributors I have dealt with for 40 years, although the opposite is
> always said, and that I am the one who would be a wimp.
>
> So we return to the problem, which is nevertheless very simple.
>
> Stella goes into the stars for a journey of 24 light years.

> The speed is 0.8c on the way there (12 ly), and 0.8c on the way back (12
> ly).
>
> We quickly obtain the following data by the Doppler effect.
>
> Stella and Terrence agree to beep every month.

You will find the answer here:
https://paulba.no/pdf/TwinsByDoppler.pdf
L = 12 ly
c = 1 ly/y
f = 12/y
v = 0.8c
γ = 5/3

But since you never read anything, I will repeat it here.

> It is clear that, for Stella, on the way there, as on the way back, she
> will beep
> 108 times (216 times in total). >
> SO, Terrence will receive 216 beeps.

OK. Stella has aged Tₛ = 2L/vγ = 18 y
Number of received beeps Ns = Tₛ⋅f = 216

> For his part, Terrence will beep for 30 years. He will therefore send
> 360 beeps.

OK

> Except that if Terrence receives the same number of beeps on the way
> there as on the way back (108 each time), Stella receives many more
> beeps on the way back than on the way there.
>
> It is then interesting to know how many beeps Stella receives on the way
> there, and how many she receives on the way back.

Doppler shift when Stella is moving out  Do = √((c−v)/(c+v)) = 1/3
Doppler shift when Stella is moving back Db = √((c+v)/(c-v)) = 3
So number of received beeps Nt = Tₛ⋅f⋅Do/2 +  Tₛ⋅f⋅Db/2 = 36 + 324 = 360

> Once this is done, we can still progress in understanding things.
>
> We just have to not be afraid, and have a playful spirit.

Terrence will age C = 2L/v = 30y

Am I guessing wrong when I guess that you will present us with
the paradox that Terrence will receive
Tₜₛ⋅f⋅Do/2 + Tₜₛ⋅f⋅Db/2 = 60 + 540 = 600 beeps ? :-D

Hint:

--
Paul

https://paulba.no/