Article <vbgice$15snn$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vbgice$15snn$2@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: I just fixed the loophole of the Gettier cases with mt new notion
 of {linguistic truth}
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2024 22:47:26 -0500

On 9/6/2024 6:10 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 9/6/24 7:52 AM, olcott wrote:

>>> In other words, you are just admitting that you don't know what you
>>> are doing, as you don't really get redefine fundamental terms and
>>> stay in the logic system.
>>>

>> I came up with a brand new idea and gave it an appropriate name.
>> Truth in the system that I defined only pertains to relations
>> between finite strings. It is the actual philosophical foundation
>> of every expression X of language L that is true on the basis of
>> its meaning expressed in language L.
>>
>> You can't get away with saying that all new ideas are inherently wrong.
>
> They are when you try to inject them into existing systems.

Making the definition an analytic truth unequivocal so that
screwballs like Willard Van Orman Quine can't f--- it up is
very straight forward.

https://www.liarparadox.org/Haskell_Curry_45.pdf
Linguistic truth is entirely comprised of relations between finite
strings of symbols. Some of these relations are stipulated to be true
"an elementary theorem is an elementary statement which is true" (Curry)

Expression X of language L is true in L if and only if there exists
a sequence of truth preserving operations in L to the semantic meaning
M of X in L otherwise X is untrue in L.