Article <vbhjtn$1c7u5$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vbhjtn$1c7u5$3@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: {linguistic truth} is the foundation of truth in mathematical
 logic
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2024 08:19:50 -0500

On 9/7/2024 3:41 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-09-06 12:13:22 +0000, olcott said:

>>> Linguistic things should be discussed in sci.lang.
>>> This group is for things related to logic.
>>>

>> The actual foundation of logical and mathematical truth
>> is simply relations between finite strings, thus linguistic
>> truth.
>
> I don't think logicians want to use the word "linguistic" for anything
> in foundations of logic.

I don't care. When I refer to analytic truth most everyone
says that has been disavowed by Quine and the conversation
dies right there.

The most apt name for truth specified by relations between
finite strings is linguistic truth. Truth that requires sense
data form the sense organs become empirical truth.

This converts the analytic/synthetic distinction into the
linguistic/empirical distinction so Willard Van Orman Quine
can STFU !