Article <vbk7ng$1u1js$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vbk7ng$1u1js$3@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Defining a correct simulating halt decider
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2024 08:10:08 -0500

On 9/8/2024 7:46 AM, joes wrote:
> Am Sat, 07 Sep 2024 08:56:02 -0500 schrieb olcott:

> Like Sipser said.

>>> If the called HHH behaves differently from the direcly executed HHH
>>> then the DDD is not relevant to classic proofs of the impossibility of
>>> a halting decider.
>>> If you can't show encoding rules that permit the encoidng of the
>>> behaviour of the directly executed DDD to HHH then HHH is not a halting
>>> decider.
>> I SHOW THE ACTUAL EXECUTION TRACE AND EVERYONE DISAGREES WITH IT.
> Your implementation is buggy.

X86utm is based on a world class x86 emulator that
has had decades of development effort. It has been
trivial to verify to the execution traces that it
produces are correct for three years.

It really seems quite ridiculous to me that everyone
could continue to disagree with such easily verified
facts without malevolent motives.

void DDD()
{
   HHH(DDD);
   return;
}

Is the dumbed down version of the haling problem pathological input:

int DD(int (*x)())
{
   int Halt_Status = HH(x, x);
   if (Halt_Status)
     HERE: goto HERE;
   return Halt_Status;
}

I dumbed it down as much as possible and people still don't get
it. They seem to believe that they are free to disagree with the
x86 language.

It is like they believe that Trump actually won twice as many
votes as there are voters and cannot be convinced otherwise.