Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vbkeji$1v3dm$6@dont-email.me>

From: Bobbie Sellers <blissInSanFrancisco@mouse-potato.com>
Newsgroups: alt.drugs,alt.hemp,rec.drugs.misc,rec.drugs.psychedelic,talk.politics.drugs
Subject: Drug War Chronicle 1221 -- Table of contents Drug Reform Inits on
 Ballot, Oregon Recrim Takes Effect, Rescheduling Hearing in December, more..
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2024 08:07:31 -0700

Bliss Notes: This is shorter than usual because SpamAssassin is rejeting
my posts so I am trimming it back.

Drug War Chronicle, Issue #1221 -- 9/6/24

Phillip S. Smith, Editor, psmith@drcnet.org
https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/1221

A Publication of StoptheDrugWar.org
David Borden, Executive Director, borden@drcnet.org
"Raising Awareness of the Consequences of Drug Prohibition"

APPEAL: Help Us Respond to the Opportunities and the Challenges of This
Time:
https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/help_us_respond

Table of Contents:

1. STATE DRUG REFORM INITIATIVES ON THE NOVEMBER BALLOT [FEATURE]
Amidst all the Trump-Harris hoopla, it is easy to forget that the
presidential race is not the only thing on the ballot.
https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/state-drug-reform-initiatives-november-ballot-feature

2. OR LAW RECRIMINALIZING DRUG POSSESSION NOW IN EFFECT [FEATURE]
The country's first experiment with state-level decriminalization of
drug possession is over, but what will change -- other than more drug
arrests?
https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/or-law-recriminalizing-drug-possession-now-effect-feature

3. THIS WEEK'S CORRUPT COPS STORIES
The Chronicle was on vacation last week, but prohibition-related law
enforcement corruption took no holiday.
https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/weeks-corrupt-cops-stories-5

4. DEA SETS MJ RESCHEDULING HEARING DATE AFTER ELECTION, COLOMBIA TO TRY
AGAIN ON LEGALIZATION, MORE... (8/27/24)
North Dakota lawmakers have come up with a revenue and expense estimate
if a marijuana legalization initiative passes, a Swedish labor court has
ruled for employers in a drug testing case, and more.
https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/dea-delays-pot-scheduleing-hearing-until-after-election-colombia-try-again-pot

5. HOME DEPOT TO STOP MARIJUANA TESTING FOR WORKERS, DEA JUDGE SETS
PSYCHEDELIC COMPOUND BAN HEARING, MORE... (8/28/24)
The California Senate has passed a pair of bills aimed at opening up
markets for small marijuana growers and "cannabis cafes," the drug czar
asks Congress to reauthorize his office, and more.
https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/home-depot-stop-testing-workers-marijuana-dea-judge-sets-hearing-proposed-psychedelic

6. FEDERAL APPEALS COURT UPHOLDS POT SMOKER'S GUN RIGHTS, UKRAINE
REGULATORS REJECT MEDMJ FOR PTSD, MORE... (8/30/24)
Arkansas campaigners for an initiative to expand the state's medical
marijuana program handed in a second batch of signatures in a bid to
make the November ballot, and more.
https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/federal-appeals-court-upholds-pot-smokers-gun-rights-ukraine-regulators-reject-medmj-ptsd

7. OR DRUG DECRIM ENDS, NEBRASKA INITIATIVES QUALIFY FOR BALLOT, MORE...
(9/3/24)
The Kamala Harris campaign slams Trump for "brazen flip-flopping" on
marijuana after he says he'll vote for Florida initiative, a paired set
of Nebraska medical marijuana initiatives has qualified for the ballot,
and more.
https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/oregon-drug-decrim-ends-nebraska-inits-qualify-more-9324

8. FDA APPROVES EARLY-STAGE TRIALS OF PSYCHELIC "MOXY," OREGON STUDY ON
DECRIM AND OVERDOSES, MORE... (9/5/24)
Wisconsin tribes are mobilizing for medical marijuana, the Tennessee
Supreme Court rules that even though drug dogs can't distinguish hemp
from weed, a sniff can still be probable cause for a search, and more.
https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/fda-approves-early-stage-trials-psychelic-moxy-or-study-decriminalization-and-overdose

9. 2026 IDAHO LEGALIZATION INIT PLANNED, KY SEES STRONG MEDMJ BUSINESS
INTEREST, MORE... (9/6/24)
 From its coca-growing fiefdom in the country's southwest, Colombia's
second-largest dissident FARC faction says peace talks with the
government are stalled, and more.
https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/id-2026-legal-pot-initiative-planned-ky-sees-big-interest-medmj-businesses-more-9624

(Not subscribed? Visit https://stopthedrugwar.org to sign up today!)

================
                          ___________________

                                           It's time to correct the mistake:
                                         Truth:the Anti-drugwar
<http://www.briancbennett.com>

                                       Cops say legalize drugs--find out
why:
<http://www.leap.cc>

                                        Stoners are people too:
<http://www.cannabisconsumers.org>
                                        ___________________

      bliss -- Cacao  Powered... (-SF4ever at DSLExtreme dot com)

--
bobbie sellers - a retired nurse in San Francisco

       "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
       It is by the beans of cacao that the thoughts acquire speed,
       the thighs acquire girth, the girth become a warning.
       It is by theobromine alone I set my mind in motion."
          --from Someone else's Dune spoof ripped to my taste.

--

b l i s s - S F 4 e v e r at D S L E x t r e m e dot com