Article <vbktiu$216mu$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vbktiu$216mu$3@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: BOLO pervert cyclist
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2024 15:23:09 -0400

>>> https://duckduckgo.com/?
>>> q=thailand+pickup+trucks&iax=images&ia=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic1.hotcarsimages.com%2Fwordpress%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2023%2F01%2Fpthai3.jpg&t=lm
>>> The multitude of used of pickups here. There are even a few home made
>>> pickups shown.
>>
>> America is different. See https://www.thedrive.com/ news/26907/you-
>> dont-need-a-full-size-pickup-truck-you-need- a-cowboy-costume
>>
>> Among other points the author makes, "...a significant portion of
>> truck owners never use their trucks for these capabilities. According
>> to Edwards’ data, 75 percent of truck owners use their truck for
>> towing one time a year or less (meaning, never). Nearly 70 percent of
>> truck owners go off-road one time a year or less. And a full 35
>> percent of truck owners use their truck for hauling—putting something
>> in the bed, its ostensible raison d’être—once a year or less."
>>

> Same argument applies to 95% of race bikes and probably half of all
> upper end bicycles. They are mostly sitting in garages as we speak.

Correct, of course, but even the most avid rider's bike is probably
sitting in his garage at any given moment.

It would be more accurate to say that most race bikes are never raced.
Which should be a strong clue that a race bike is probably far from the
best choice for most bicyclists.

But hey, they're fashionable!

--
- Frank Krygowski