Article <vblcuk$23tb3$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vblcuk$23tb3$1@dont-email.me>

From: AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: BOLO pervert cyclist
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2024 18:45:26 -0500

On 9/8/2024 6:16 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 9/8/2024 4:54 PM, AMuzi wrote:

>>> Correct, of course, but even the most avid rider's bike
>>> is probably sitting in his garage at any given moment.
>>>
>>> It would be more accurate to say that most race bikes are
>>> never raced. Which should be a strong clue that a race
>>> bike is probably far from the best choice for most
>>> bicyclists.
>>>
>>> But hey, they're fashionable!
>>>

>> Not unlike large pickups.  What ever do you care about
>> either?  I'm happy that people are happy. meh.
>
> :-) Yet you were the one who raised the point about them not
> being used!
>
> Is a person who bought a race bike but doesn't ride it
> really happy with it?
>
> Might he not be happier if he instead had a bike that better
> suited his potential uses?
>
> Does that not hint that his subjective choice turned out to
> be a mistake?

For whom? By what standard?

Occasional or even rare use suits some people. Then there's
the unquantifiable 'pride of ownership' (not only race
bikes) besides investment appreciation.  People can be
complex, and motives are often unclear.  Those unhappy with
their toys sell them or give them away in my experience.

--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org