Article <vbnh2a$2gv88$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vbnh2a$2gv88$2@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: I just fixed the loophole of the Gettier cases with mt new notion
 of {linguistic truth}
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2024 14:07:54 -0500

On 9/8/2024 12:55 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 9/8/24 9:24 AM, olcott wrote:

>>> Is it really a new term if someone else (DG Schwartz) has used it
>>> before?
>>> Is it a term for a new concept or a new term for an old concept?
>>>

>> A stipulative definition is a type of definition in which a
>> new or currently existing term is given a new specific meaning
>> for the purposes of argument or discussion in a given context.
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stipulative_definition
>>
>> *LINGUISTIC TRUTH IS STIPULATED TO MEAN*
>> When expression X of language L is connected to its semantic
>> meaning M by a sequence of truth preserving operations P in
>> language L then and only then is X true in L. That was the
>> True(L,X) that Tarski "proved" cannot possibly exist.
>> Copyright 2024 Olcott
>>

> If that is your claim, then a statement is Linguistically FALSE if there
> is NOT such a connection (verses there is a connection to its negation),
> since THAT is the definiton of the Truth Predicate of Tarski, it results
> in TRUE if the statement is True, or FALSE if the statement is either
> FALSE or not actually a truth bearer, and it is that later part that
> causes the problem.

LP = "this sentence is not true"
according to MY truth predicate
~True(LP) & ~True(~LP) MEANING NOT ALLOWED IN ANY FORMAL
SYSTEM BECAUSE IT IS NOT A FREAKING BEATER OF TRUTH.

This sentence is not true: "this sentence is not true"
IS TRUE BECAUSE THE SECOND SENTENCE IS NOT A TRUTH BEARER.
THIS CONFUSED THE HELL OUT OF TARSKI.

This sentence is not true: "a fish"
IS TRUE BECAUSE THE SECOND SENTENCE IS NOT A TRUTH BEARER.

> The problem arises because if the language L can express a statement like:
>
> X is defined to be ~True(L, X)

Proven to have an cycle in its evaluation sequence
thus not a freaking truth bearer.

Is "a fish" True? No
Is "a fish" False? No

> Then if True(L, X) is false, then X, since it is the negation of that,
> must be TRUE, which leads to a contradiction as we have just shown that
> True(L, x) just returned FALSE for a TRUE statement.
>
> Note, that the major part of the proof, that you tend to overlook, is
> showing that in the system L, based on the minimal requirements
> specified, that such a statement CAN be expressed.
>
> You "Logic" tryies to say that it needs to "Reject" the statement, but
> "rejection" is not a possible result, BY DEFINITION, non-true statements
> are just false, even if they are non-sense.

In other words you are too stupid to not reject
an incoherent definition.