Article <vbqcgt$35dek$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vbqcgt$35dek$1@dont-email.me>

From: Mark J cleary <mcleary08@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: 16 weeks shaky to say the least
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 16:08:45 -0500

Actually my fitness is pretty good and I came back to ride the indoor
trainer to get some kind of work out. I could not pedal in a efficient
manner to get anywhere near tired or winded. I did think about using the
pedals inside to get better but it is still not the same. My problem is
my cardio is is good and efficient. Also I add doing weight work with my
arms. I doing curls and bench press and lift out with 8 pound weights.

I needed to do that to get my right arm and shoulder strengthen up after
broken collarbone. Right now I am stronger in the arms than
per-accident. I was doing therapy for my right hand after the metacarpal
pinning surgery. I was released and my grip strength was 95 pounds in
left hand and 90 in the right. The therapist thought I probably would
get even stronger. The normal grip strength of a 63 year old is from
70-100 pounds so I am at the higher end at least.

As as working jazz guitarist and luthier my hands are pretty strong and
grip on fretting hand. I went from not being able to open a twist top
beer bottle after pins removed to twisting it off with no trouble in
about 3 weeks.

My issue is the foraminal stenosis but not going to do anything with
that like surgery or far as long as I can do other stuff. Back surgery
is at best hit and miss. They found the foraminal stenosis on MRI 11
years ago so I am sure it is worse. I don't want to know. They told me
then my running days were maybe over but I keep at it for 6 more years.
My family dr said he did not think it would keep me from running then
and he was correct. However at 63 I have to be careful now.

As a kid we fall and simple get back up and take off. At 20 we fall and
get up and shake it off a bit and continue. At 40 we take it easy
getting up and then take some time off to heal up. At 63 we hope we are
able to get back up and function at some point in the future

Deacon Mark

--
Deacon Mark