Article <vbv30b$aptk$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vbv30b$aptk$1@dont-email.me>

From: Janis Papanagnou <janis_papanagnou+ng@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: Command line globber/tokenizer library for C?
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2024 17:56:58 +0200
 <vbujak$733i$3@dont-email.me> <vbum9i$8h2o$1@dont-email.me>
 <vbuscj$9k96$4@raubtier-asyl.eternal-september.org>
 <vbv1ei$aisk$1@dont-email.me>
 <vbv2e2$amp8$1@raubtier-asyl.eternal-september.org>

On 12.09.2024 17:47, Bonita Montero wrote:
> Am 12.09.2024 um 17:30 schrieb Janis Papanagnou:
>
>> Not only "roughly imagine"; I think the imperative languages have
>> so many common basic concepts that you can have a quite good idea,
>> especially if you know more than just two or three such languages.
>
> Then tell me which lanuage a) has this kind of mostly minimized
> language-facilities and b) you can layout data structures 1:1
> like they fit into memory (platform-dependent).

Don't know what you're trying to say here or what it is you aim
at. If you think it's worth discussing please elaborate.

>> Yes, C++ can be written with a "C" mindset. But this is nothing
>> I'd suggest. Better make yourself familiar with the new concepts
>> (OO, genericity, or even simple things like references). - IMO.
>
> I'm using mostly all new features as you can see from my code.
> But the mindset is still the same.

I don't know you or your background or much of your programming.
So please understand that I'm not inclined to make any comments
about you or your code; this would be all speculative and not
contribute anything to the discussion. If you had the impression
that what I said was referring to you personally you were wrong.

Janis