Article <vc03gg$grkl$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vc03gg$grkl$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: {linguistic truth} is the foundation of truth in mathematical
 logic
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2024 20:11:44 -0500

On 9/12/2024 3:24 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-09-11 12:21:09 +0000, olcott said:

>>> In that text (section (ner the end of section I) Quine claims that
>>> "bachelor"
>>> means the same as "unmarried man". What do you find wrong with
>>> Quine's claim?
>>>

>> Some how Quine convinced most people that the analytic/synthetic
>> distinction does not exist. I never could understand how people
>> could be so stupid to believe this so I formulated my own
>> linguistic/empirical distinction.
>>
>> Truth entirely contained within language versus truth requiring
>> sense data from the sense organs.
>
> So you don't disagree with my observation that you were wrong about Quine.

Quine never could understand that totally dead obvious
analytic/synthetic distinction even when the synonymity
of bachelor and ~married was specified by Rudolf Carnap
meaning postulates.

I have studied them as Montague grammar so I know them much
better than even Carnap ever did. It has always been the
case the bachelor is stipulated to mean ~married so Quine
was always wrong about this.