Article <vc4dn9$1ieqo$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vc4dn9$1ieqo$1@dont-email.me>

From: Java Jive <java@evij.com.invalid>
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile,comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Does Apple normally add the UK when the EU forces Apple to care
 about its customers?
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 17:30:30 +0100

On 2024-09-14 16:26, Alan Browne wrote:

>>> As do most (all ?) Androids made this decade ?
>>
>> As so most portable devices that need to be recharged away from home.
>> https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Charger-Charging-Tri-Outputs-Compatible/dp/B091BSG9GS/
>>
>> Such as bluetooth speakerphones which are used with mobile devices.
>> https://www.amazon.com/1mii-Bluetooth-Speakerphone-Portable-Assistant/dp/B0BN5TJ2LC/
>>
>> Basically all non-Apple bluetooth headphones can be charged with USB-C.
>> https://www.amazon.com/BERIBES-Bluetooth-Headphones-Microphone-Lightweight/dp/B09LYF2ST7/
>>
>> Even wired headphones are connected to mobile devices using USB-C.
>> https://www.amazon.com/Kensington-USB-C-Hi-Fi-Headphones-K97456WW/dp/B08GPKHHPV/
>>
>> You have to wonder why every company but Apple opted for USB-C when it's
>> only Apple who has to be legally obligated to give its users that
>> courtesy.
>>
>> Even then, Apple is only legally obligated to be nice to its EU
>> customers.
>
> The European USB-C fiasco just creates more e-waste.
>
> Apple, in its own good time, would have brought USB-C to iPhone, etc.
> Indeed, the newest iPhone would likely have been the launch USB-C
> iPhone.  Instead the EU forced Apple to go a year early.
>
> All this "decision" does is create early e-waste of lightning connectors
> and some wall-warts.
>
> Government over regulating.  EU!

BOLLOCKS!  The above is just yet another predictable example of Apple
propaganda & EU-bashing.  The simple truth is that nearly all the other
manufacturers had already adopted the USB-C standard while it was still
voluntary, but Apple had more or less refused point blank [my caps to
highlight the overwhelming majority]:

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20200128IPR71205/parliament-wants-binding-rules-on-common-chargers-to-be-tabled-by-summer

"The EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT calls on the Commission to put forward
beefed-up rules on common chargers by July 2020 at the latest.

There is an “urgent need for EU regulatory action” to reduce electronic
waste and empower consumers to make sustainable choices, MEPS SAY IN A
RESOLUTION APPROVED BY 582 VOTES TO 40, WITH 37 ABSTENTIONS, calling for
the mandatory introduction of common chargers for all mobile devices.

[...]

For more than 10 years, MEPs have been demanding a common charger for
mobile phones, tablets, e-book readers and other portable devices"

Yet, despite having over a decade to do so, Apple still hadn't complied.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk