Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vc4nvf$1kpl3$2@dont-email.me>

From: Jeroen Belleman <jeroen@nospam.please>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: another hint of quantum consciousness
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 21:28:44 +0200

On 9/14/24 21:02, john larkin wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2024 14:38:14 -0400, Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 14 Sep 2024 10:33:37 -0700, john larkin <JL@gct.com> wrote:

>>> Undergrads and amateurs often shake up scientific dogma.
>>
>> Uncommon, but certainly not unheard of.

>>> Evolution seems to use anything that works, even if scientists
>>> disapprove.
>>
>> True, but unhelpful.  It's not enough to observe that if A is blocked,
>> B stops working, and therefore the mechanism is X.  There are many
>> mechanisms simultaneously in action.  One must methodically rule out
>> all but a single X to claim causality.
>>
>> Joe Gwinn
>
> I didn't claim causality, but it is possible.
>
> Discoveries usually happen through accident and speculation. Slapping
> down speculation leaves only accident, which is unlikely in this case.
>
> Designing electronics also benefits from being friendly to new ideas.

Discoveries happen by diddling with the problem, trying out different
things to see what happens. Once you have a collection of observations,
some theory will form of how it all fits together. You test the theory
by doing more experiments. If these experiments keep confirming your
theory, then, and only then, can you claim to have discovered something.

Just throwing harebrained ideas around leads nowhere.

Jeroen Belleman