Article <vc7ehc$2bg7g$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vc7ehc$2bg7g$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Paul.B.Andersen" <relativity@paulba.no>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Relativity is a pseudoscience II. The Hafele-Keating HOAX,
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2024 22:04:34 +0200

Den 13.09.2024 03:39, skrev rhertz:
> One important thing, which clearly shows the FARCE, are the stability
> numbers for rubidium atomic clocks.
>
> Very simply:
>
> - Flying eastwards during 41 hours, and measuring a total difference of
> 59 nsec IMPLY a factor of 4E-13 in terms of ACCURACY.
>
> - Flying westward during 65 hours, and measuring a total difference with
> the ground clock of 270 nsec IMPLY a factor of 1.2E-12 in terms of
> ACCURACY.

https://paulba.no/paper/Hafele_Keating.pdf

The _measured_ average drift of the four clocks was 8e-13.
But the drift of each clock was higher, so the precision
of the clocks was in the order 1e-12, or better.

But during 65 hours the uncertainty would be ±235 ns
so it would obviously be impossible to measure anything
with such a clock without some kind of calibration.

And of course Hafele and Keating knew that, they were not stupid
even if you think they were.

This was what they did:
Before the Eastward trip, they compared the clocks to the standard clock
at the US Naval Observatory (USNO) for 240 hours, and noted their drift.
They did the same for 150 hours between the trips, and again for 110
hours after the Westward trip.
This way they could interpolate the drift during the trips.

https://paulba.no/paper/Hafele_Keating.pdf
See fig.1 and fig.3 and READ the text!

When you criticise an experiment without having read the paper
_carefully_ you will only make a fool of yourself!

--
Paul

https://paulba.no/