Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vc9inp$2tntl$2@dont-email.me>

From: AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: tricyclist shot
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2024 10:26:50 -0500

On 9/16/2024 9:29 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 9/15/2024 11:07 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Sun, 15 Sep 2024 14:41:00 -0400, Frank Krygowski
>> <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> Gosh! He didn't need a 30 round magazine and the ability
>>> to empty it
>>> into his prey within a minute?
>>
>> I've told and Andrew have told you over and over but you
>> just don't
>> listed.
>> So SEE BLOW for lists of firearms with exactly the same
>> rate of fire
>> as the dreaded AR.
>> Do try to be a bit more rational in future posts.
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_semi-automatic_rifles
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_semi-automatic_pistols
>>
>> As for those huge AR magazines see any "magazine shop" as
>> they
>> certainly supply 5 and 10 round magazines.
>
> To summarize:
>
> My point was, by your description, your grandfather did not
> need to fire 30 rounds rapidly to take down a deer. IOW,
> that capability isn't needed for legitimate deer hunting.
>
> Your attempted rebuttal: "Lots of guns fire rapidly."
>
> How do you not see that your point does not rebut mine?

No one is attacking or defending deer hunting as regards 2d
Amendment.

Patiently lining up a shot on a deer is utterly and
completely irrelevant to defending against a human threat.
Those incidents are decided in decimals of a second not
several deliberate minutes.

Typical event shows <2 seconds from first display of
attacker's weapon to fatal shot in this one minute report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2iv4bE9cLM

And deer do not return fire so subsequent rounds are
irrelevant in almost all cases. The usual aftermath of a
poor deer shot is long tedious tracking, not another round.

--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org