Article <vc9riq$2vnl9$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vc9riq$2vnl9$1@dont-email.me>

From: Mark J cleary <mcleary08@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Stuck BB
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2024 12:57:47 -0500

My Wilier has a stuck right cup BB. At the moment the cranks spin fine.
It has an FSA Mega Exp crankset that is the one that is not pinch bolts
but uses self extracting allen key to put on drive side crank arm. Has
the wavy washer in the set up. I think that is why the bearings went bad
because it allows moisture to get in not sealed like a regular shimano
crank and external BB.

The BB is of course and external BB from FSA. The let side cup bearings
went bad so I used a Shimano BB60  cup because I had a spare one. The
crankset works beautiful now. However I would like to simply try and use
the whole Shimano BB60 bracket. I cannot however get the right side cup
off. I realize it is left hand threaded but it is really stuck. I tried
putting in a vice and using the bike to turn but no luck. I have managed
to chew the notches pretty good but it will take the wrench at this point.

Any suggestions on how to get the cup free. I actually think it would be
easier to simply hacksaw the cup and take it out but I don't want to
mess up the treads in BB of the bike. I will take any and all
suggestions on how to get this cup off. At the moment the cranks spin
fine because the bearings are fine on the right side cup but I just
don't like the set up. I may even go to a shimano R7000 crankset. ]
--
Deacon Mark