Article <vcbt51$3gssr$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vcbt51$3gssr$1@dont-email.me>

From: Tom Elam <thomas.e.elam@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: OT: For those waiting breathlessly for news of my racing weekend.
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2024 08:36:50 -0400

On 9/16/2024 7:28 AM, -hh wrote:
> On 9/16/24 1:10 AM, Alan wrote:

>>> Dang, that's an Ouchie.
>>>
>>> Nevertheless beats my weekend project, which started with removing
>>> some landscaping plants to gain access to replace a failing concrete
>>> skim coat.  Naturally, there's also some other scope creep
>>> discoveries involved...
>>
>> Scope creep in one's house is often bad news. I hope it's not too bad.
>

> Leaks on the irrigation system, which has also revealed that its indoor
> winter water shutoff valve has a leak too.  Resulted in ripping out the
> control valves too, to have easier wall access for the concrete work;
> now debating how to change the design while buying all new to put it
> back together, and what to do about the inside valve.
>
> Been debating adding this from YoLink, and if that would do double-duty
> or would be for belt-and-suspenders on the seasonal shutoff.
>
> <https://shop.yosmart.com/products/ys5001-dn15#owl1>
>
> Similarly, thinking about adding the capability of a rain detector to
> save water too; pros/cons of adding a local rain sensor to the
> controller, vs going to a "smart" device that checks the weather:
>
> <https://www.lowes.com/pd/Orbit-White-Wired-Rain-and-Freeze-Sensor/1043275>
> vs
> <https://shop.yosmart.com/products/ys4102>
>

>> To make matters worse, the same FV driver was involved in an incident
>> with Dave McKay that was even worse; resulting in the rear and front
>> suspension of Dave's Lola being absolutely destroyed.
>>
>> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CX7HmLymYCg_q9obYjWTQdk6GGXyTCYG/view? usp=share_link>
>>
>> Apparently, as Dave was coming up to pass, the FV driver committed one
>> of the cardinal sins:
>>
>> Having received the blue flag that a faster car was coming up behind
>> him, he moved of his line to "help" let the faster car by, but by
>> doing so, he had to guess where Dave was intending to go; guessed
>> wrong, putting Dave into the grass on driver's left, where he spun,
>> and hit the wall driver's right at something like 65-75mph.
>>
>> Sadly, in addition to the incidents with me and Dave, this particular
>> driver has at least once had his license pulled.
>

> -hh

Two days before we left for Paris last month a basement water sensor
went off. A leak had developed at the water softener's plastic intake. I
pulled it apart, cleaned it up, put it back on, but the leak persisted.
With some spare copper parts I soldered in a bypass and ordered all new
parts. If that leak had developed a few days later I hate to think what
might have happened in the 2 weeks we were gone. The parts were delayed
but finally arrived last week and fixed the issue.