Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vcegjt$27bu$1@saya.dont-email.me>

From: Samarah <Samarah@saya.dont-email.me>
Newsgroups: comp.edu
Subject: Re: CS-234 Discussion
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2024 12:21:17 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: root <root@255.255.255.255>

Licklider and Taylor emphasized communication over data processing,
which is a concept realized by Usenet. Usenet allows people to
engage in discussions and exchange ideas on a wide range of topics
through newsgroups. It has also been used as a platform for
distributing intellectual resources, facilitating the sharing of
knowledge across a large user base. However, social media and the
World Wide Web have overshadowed Usenet, aligning more closely with
Licklider and Taylor’s vision of widespread and easily accessible
communication for all. The interactive and multimedia capabilities
of these newer platforms offer features that Usenet doesn't provide,
making them more engaging for modern users.