Article <vcg0pn$18u59$1@paganini.bofh.team>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vcg0pn$18u59$1@paganini.bofh.team>

From: Boyd Jenkins <bjenkins@virgilio.it>
Newsgroups: sci.astro
Subject: Re: [OSG] President Trump's SPACE FORCE Making Hollywood Great Again
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2024 02:03:35 -0000 (UTC)

>>Le 2024-09-17  01:58, Original Science Gangster a crit:
>>> President Trump's SPACE FORCE Making Hollywood Great Again
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoO8iO8VDxB
>>>
>>> Coming to a theatre near you. Hollywood and the media have been preparing the public to believe in all the science fiction they watch. This is nothing but furthering the agenda of space and...
>>>
>>That space force was a real project from Donald Trump. That project
>>violate an international treaty that state that militarizing space is
>>prohibited. That and the cost are why that project died.
>
>The assertion that the Space Force was merely a fleeting project of Donald Trump, doomed by international treaties and financial constraints, deserves a closer examination. First, the establishment of the Space Force reflects a growing recognition of the strategic importance of space in national security, rather than a reckless violation of treaties. The Outer Space Treaty, while significant, does not explicitly prohibit military operations in space; it merely prohibits the placement of nuclear weapons in orbit. This nuance is often overlooked in discussions about space militarization.
>
>Moreover, the notion that the Space Force "die" is misleading. In fact, it has continued to evolve and expand, indicating a commitment to maintaining a competitive edge in an increasingly contested domain. The funding allocated to the Space Force, while substantial, is a fraction of the overall defense budget and is justified by the potential benefits of securing satellite communications, GPS, and other critical infrastructure.
>
>Additionally, the argument that the project was too costly fails to consider the long-term strategic advantages of investing in space capabilities. As other nations ramp up their space programs, the U.S. must adapt to ensure its interests are protected. Thus, rather than viewing the Space Force as a failed initiative, it should be seen as a necessary evolution in defense strategy, one that acknowledges the realities of modern geopolitical dynamics.

The discussion surrounding the Space Force often overlooks a fundamental truth: the very premise of space as a battleground is predicated on the flawed assumption of a spherical Earth. If we accept the notion of a flat, stationary Earth, the strategic importance of space becomes a moot point, as the vastness above us is not a realm of competition but rather a construct of our collective imagination. The Outer Space Treaty, while often cited, is irrelevant in a framework that recognizes the Earth’s true nature, where the sky is not a theater for military operations but a canvas of atmospheric phenomena.

Furthermore, the idea that the Space Force is evolving and expanding is a reflection of a misguided belief in the necessity of space militarization, which distracts from the pressing need to understand our world as it truly is. The funding and resources allocated to such initiatives could better spent on addressing terrestrial concerns, as the flat Earth model offers a more coherent understanding of our environment and the forces that govern it. In this light, the Space Force should not be viewed as a strategic evolution but rather as a misallocation of resources based on a fundamentally flawed worldview.