Article <vcsq7u$2m17k$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vcsq7u$2m17k$1@dont-email.me>

From: Wilf <wilf21@is.invalid>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: RE: Ported Number not working with iMessage
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2024 23:31:26 +0100

On 23/09/2024 at 23:03, Wilf wrote:
> On 23/09/2024 at 16:13, Chris wrote:
>> Wilf <wilf21@is.invalid> wrote:
>>> Hi.   I recently ported my (UK) mobile number to a new provider.   Since
>>> then, although my iCloud details on my iPhone tell me that the number is
>>> registered for iMessage and FaceTime (it wasn't initially and for a
>>> couple of days), it cannot be used for those apps - a revolving cogwheel
>>> appears on the left of the number in iMessage and FaceTime, instead of a
>>> tick.
>>>
>>> I can of course use iMessage and FaceTime with various registered email
>>> addresses, but I want to use my phone number for these facilities, as
>>> always before.  I've tried all the recommended standard remedies -
>>> switch off iMessage/FaceTime, restart, reset all the network settings,
>>> etc. etc., to no avail.  If anyone here can help with this I'd be very
>>> grateful.
>>
>> I've had this recently - caused by buying an eSIM for travelling - and the
>> solution has been to log out of your Apple ID and log back in. Faff factor
>> is that all bank cards are removed from your wallet when you log out.
>>

> I will give that a go and put up with the faff factor!... thank you

It worked!  Thank you so much.  I did this whole thing before (;logging
out of iCloud, etc.) but at that time, under iCloud, my phone number was
labelled as "not registered for iMessage or FaceTime" and logging out of
iCloud, etc., did not help.  Three days later, now, and that message had
disappeared from my phone number, yet it still couldn't be used for
iMessage and FaceTime.  But following your advice and again logging out
of iCloud and back in again, and it has finally worked!!!   Why it all
took so long to get my ported number registered with Apple, I just don't
know, but it has taken up hours of my time!   Thank you again.   And
I've restored all my cards to Wallet.

--
Wilf