Article <vcuias$37tt3$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vcuias$37tt3$2@dont-email.me>

From: DFS <nospam@dfs.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Linux 6.11
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2024 10:28:47 -0400
 <vcptrp$2auv3$4@dont-email.me> <vcq90p$2ctaa$2@dont-email.me>
 <vcqort$2igu7$2@dont-email.me> <jcr1fj958h3ki2kcu0s157c8l3tt0ib6dn@4ax.com>

On 9/23/2024 12:42 AM, Joel wrote:
> DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:

>>> KDE Konqueror already does that. And info pages as well. Besides being a
>>> web browser, it’s also a file manager. And possibly some other things I
>>> can’t remember off the top of my head right now.
>>>
>>> Yup, it’s a floor wax AND a dessert topping!
>>
>> KIO plugins or some such?
>>
>> I checked my archives, and Konqueror at one point integrated a web
>> browser, a file browser, a document viewer, a program launcher, a shell
>> command executor, an image gallery creator, and a spell-checker.
>>
>> Total violation of the "Unix philosophy" but Linux victims ate it up.
>

> You do realize that running Linux can be anything one wants it to be,
> basically?

You can even make it invisible, like I do.

But seriously, lately I use Linux (Ubuntu WSL) to download computer
science college course materials using wget.

> You can boot it without a GUI at all, not that this would
> be useful on a modern desktop.

Feeb is very insecure.  He equates masculinity with the command line,
but he's not the first Linux 'advocate' to do so.  In the past Homer was
proud of his rxvt terminal usage; he called it 'pure computing'.

It's silly.

> Even Larry's lame OS installation has
> a basic X Window setup, although painfully void of useful features
> that he thinks he doesn't really need, even as he buys server
> processors for his builds.  But also uses a spinning hard drive and
> not a solid state drive.

I use 3 drives:
  OS and boot: internal 256GB NVMe
  data       : internal 2TB SSD
  backup     : external 2TB HDD (small form factor)

> Incredible, to me, although it figures a person like that would be in
> this newsgroup, but the way he is trying to lord his supposed skill
> over distro users is even stupider than hating Apple/MS users because
> of their support of, appreciation for, and/or usage online of, their
> proprietary OSes, no this goes to condemning fellow Linux advocates,
> calling them unspeakable things, psychosis flowing into public view
> via text.  Larry is a creep.

You got it.

As I've said before: Linux, loneliness and testosterone is a bad mix.