Article <vd0t61$3lvnd$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vd0t61$3lvnd$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Paul.B.Andersen" <relativity@paulba.no>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Pseudoscience III: Each SR/GR experiment is a FRAUD!
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 13:48:09 +0200

Den 25.09.2024 00:25, skrev rhertz:

> The most evident proof about that relativity is a PSEUDOSCIENCE is the
> infamous "twin paradox", which occupied time and words of (otherwise)
> bright minds exposed to relativism since 1910.
>
> But the awful truth is that SR Lorentz equations are symmetrical, and
> that the heart of SR is that any reference frame can be chosen at will.
> So, the result is that each traveler will PERCEIVE that the other has
> aged.

So you can claim what the Lorentz transform predicts for
the twin paradox, but can you apply the Lorentz transform to prove
that you are right?

Consider the following thought experiment:
Given an inertial frame K with coordinates [t, x]. (y = z = 0)
Twin A stays stationary at x = 0 in K, while twin B starts from
x = 0 when A’s clock shows 0 and travels at the constant speed v
to x = L, where she turns abruptly around with a brief, very high
acceleration for a very short time, and thereafter travels back
to x = 0 at the constant speed v.
She is back at the time T as measured in K.
Since twin A is stationary in K, her proper time when twin B is
back will be τA = T.

If K'[t',x'] is moving along the positive x axis of K[]
The Lorentz transform is:
  t' = γ(t - (v/c²)x)
  x' = γ(x - vt)
inverse:
  t = γ(t' + (v/c²)x')
  x = γ(x' + vt')

γ = √(1 − v²/c²)

The challenge is:
Show what the LT predicts the proper time of B
is perceived to be τB = T.

You are free to use as many frames of reference you might wish.

Of course I know that you are unable to meet the challenge.
You won't even try.

It is much easier to claim that SR is inconsistent,
than it is to prove it.

Isn't it? :-D

--
Paul