Article <vdjdd4$37qau$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vdjdd4$37qau$1@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: A 1 lb pack of Hot Dogs costs 1.54 $ at WalMart.
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2024 12:13:24 -0000 (UTC)

On 2024-10-02, rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Oct 2024 17:37:32 -0700 (Seattle), Relf wrote:
>
>> A 1 lb pack of Hot Dogs costs 1.54 $ at WalMart,
>
> You'll be lucky if they're pink slime.

I simply will NOT eat non-all beef hot dogs. I don't know what they're made
of, but what they pass off as "regular" hot dogs taste like crap. I realize
that even the "all-beef" ones are nothing special, but at least they have
some flavor and they will brown in the frying pan. The non-beef ones just
burn.

At WinCo you can get a package of the non-beef hot dogs for 99 cents.
Unfortunately I don't think they come with stomach pumps.

When I was a kid, the first non-all beef hot dogs were made with mutton. I
still remember that hideous taste from the ONE time we bought them.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_slime
>
> More likely someone was dropping live chickens onto a shredder.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanically_separated_meat
>
> Personally, my supper was pulled pork that started with an identifiable
> piece of pig that was $4.29 / lb. I like to know what I'm eating.

We're getting a local Grocery Outlet store (that will open on Thursday) a
couple blocks away. Apparently they sell natural, grass fed beef fairly
cheaply. Looking forward to checking them out.

--
“Evil is not able to create anything new, it can only distort and destroy
what has been invented or made by the forces of good.”  —J.R.R. Tolkien