Article <vdokav$6m87$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vdokav$6m87$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Paul.B.Andersen" <relativity@paulba.no>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_I_dare_to_relativists_to_explain_local_time=3A_t-vx?=
 =?UTF-8?Q?/c=C2=B2?=
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2024 13:44:39 +0200

Den 03.10.2024 02:55, skrev rhertz:
> Originally, local time was FOUND by Voigt in 1887. Here is the link:
>
> https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Translation:On_the_Principle_of_Doppler
>
> Go to equations 8 and 10.
>
> Lorentz "borrowed" Voigt's local time, without crediting him.
>
> Einstein "borrowed" Lorentz local time, without crediting him (or
> Voigt).
>

> Efforts have been made extensively, in the last century, to GIVE A
> MEANING to what is, without any doubt, a MATHEMATICAL ARTIFACT. This is
> an undesired outcome of THE INTRINSIC FAILURES EMBEDDED INTO SR MATH
> development.
>

> Even using Minkowski, AS OF TODAY the expression:
>

> t-vx/c²
>

> couldn't be EXPLAINED AS IF IT POSSESSES THE MEREST PHYSICAL MEANING.

The Lorentz transform describes SR completely.
It's meaning is that it predicts a lot of physical
consequences which are observed in the real world,
and which are not predicted by Newtonian mechanics
and Galilean relativity.

SR is thoroughly tested by a innumerable experiments
and observations and is never falsified.

Newtonian mechanics is falsified by a number of experiments.
(But it is still a very useful theory as long as we know
  its limitations.)

Some of the experimental evidence:
https://paulba.no/paper/index.html

In a hopeless attempt to 'save' NM Richard Hertz claims:
"And about your list of historical proofs of relativity, I can make a
  deep forensic analysis of them, proving beyond any reasonable doubt,
  that relativists are members of a MAFFIA, and profit from it. This is
  because the different results are COOKED with the help of statistical
  manipulations, fraud, cooking and peer complicity."

So Richard Hertz is wrong unless all physicists born after 1900
are frauds.

Hilarious, no? :-D

--
Paul