Article <vm2xfHhdbhCGbGpkAGwBhe4P93s@jntp>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vm2xfHhdbhCGbGpkAGwBhe4P93s@jntp>

Subject: Re: Relativistic aberration
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: Qd2yrzhto9FDaQob0CpS5fgtXB0
JNTP-ThreadID: XgGFOrcTXd5ZDEX07aa-LTy0U04
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=vm2xfHhdbhCGbGpkAGwBhe4P93s@jntp
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 24 20:44:58 +0000
From: Richard Hachel <r.hachel@wanadou.fr>

Le 01/08/2024 à 20:04, "Paul.B.Andersen" a écrit :
> Richard, you pride yourself of being the only person who has ever
> correctly explained the Langevin paradox, but when I ask you to explain
> a very simple example of said paradox, you chicken out!
>
> One stationary clock on Earth, and two aeroplanes flying at
> very low altitude in opposite directions around the Earth,
> could it be simpler?

I will answer you obviously, but not now, because the answer is too
complicated, and you risk forfeiting a fight that you could win.

We must go more slowly and talk about the Langevin first, because the
punch in the face is already quite colossal.

In your example, it is true that it is very simple in appearance and we
say to ourselves what could be simpler, one remains on the ground, the
others turn in different directions but at the same speed.

However, in the frame of reference of airplanes, it is the earth that
turns around them, and the subject remaining on the earth does not
describe a circle, but a very complex ovoid.

I prefer not to take this example, at least for the moment, and not until
you have had all the insights that I have had for 40 years.

R.H.