Article <xn0ojnu3e8w3qhp003@news.eternal-september.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<xn0ojnu3e8w3qhp003@news.eternal-september.org>

From: "Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: green bubble syndrome
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:24:57 -0000 (UTC)

Your Name wrote:

> On 2024-03-22 18:36:02 +0000, badgolferman said:
>
> > The Justice Department called out Apple for afflicting
> > Android smartphone users with the dreaded “green bubble” in
> > text messages — calling it a mark of “social stigma,
> > exclusion and blame” as part of its landmark antitrust case
> > against the iPhone maker.
> >
> > “Green bubble” status has long been a source of mockery
> > online, with some women even jokingly declaring that they
> > find men who own Androids less attractive.
> >
> > In the past, Apple rivals like Google have demanded that the
> > company “fix” texting.
> >
> > [Snip]
>
> The colour is there for a reason. Apple's Messages has
> features not available in normal texting, the difference in
> the bubble's colours let users know which can use those
> features and which cannot.

I can't understand the people fixated over the colour of message
bubbles on their phones... I've not met one person in real life,
be they Android or iOS user - who's ever mentioned the colour of
message bubbles. (Really!) Yet on Usenet there's people frothing
at the mouth in anger or pee peeing themselves with excitement
over green and blue message bubbles. WTF?!

Get a life people!