Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<xn0okhkqrj0m34005@news.eternal-september.org>

From: "Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: [OT] The dumb and the guilty
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 14:58:06 +0100

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0okgdmc14pbav000@post.eweka.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > Daniel65 wrote:
> >>
> >> Well, a%e, YOU could easily solve this situation by
> >> telling US which Version of The Bible YOU, a%e, use as
> >> YOUR "Go To" reference, a%e!!
> >
> > Most good Christian fundamentalists swear by the KJV... but
> > more progressive fundamentalists might have upgraded to the
> > 21st Century KJV (which is clearly an oxymoron)... either
> > way the KJV suits these types of religious nuts as their
> > mind lives back in the 17th Century anyway.
> >
> > The KJV is also the only Bible that contains the word
> > 'Easter' (it is acknowledged to be a mis-translation)... but
> > Dave is still unable to supply the chapter and verse.
>
> IN acts you say?

I didn't say, as I'd have to look it up... and I don't care
enough to do that today. (Some people have to work yer know!)
What I do know is, like a lot of passages in the KJV it is one
of the many accepted mis-translations... which may or may not
have been corrected in modern/recent revisions. The KJV is not
the bible of choice around these parts so I can't say.