Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<xn0okj6wg28q3hn002@news.eternal-september.org>

From: "Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: [OT] Eurovision 2024 (Was Re: Doctor Who: The Return of the Master?)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 19:45:32 +0100

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0okisq91piack000@post.eweka.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The True Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> The stupid turkey was intended as a deliberate insult to
> >> Eurovision and the Eurovision has still not forgiven Ireland
> >> for that.
> >
> > Dustin was a super star in Ireland! He's had six Number 1 hit
> > singles here, six! Dustin was BIG. (On our little island
> > anyway.) Winning the public vote to represent Ireland was
> > not a surprise or done as an insult per se. But not everyone
> > gets our quirky Irish humour.
> >
> > Sending Jedward OTOH... I think the plan there was to send
> > them to the Eurovision in Germany and hope that they stayed
> > there!
>
> Which way to vote.

Well... I have never voted in any of the public votes to select
our Euroweirdo entry and never will. I might have been tempted
to vote for PiL last year if John Lydon could still sing. But
his singing voice is past its best, plus the song was shit.

I don't vote for anyone on Eurovision night either. If I'm at
home and it's on I just laugh at all the odd-balls prancing
around like peacocks and watch the carnage as the various
countries announce their votes and settle old scores with their
politically motivated decisions!

It's entertainment Jim, but not as we know it.