Article <xn0olc3sml35tdu005@reader443.eternal-september.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<xn0olc3sml35tdu005@reader443.eternal-september.org>

From: "badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: The 10 Worst Smartphones Of All Time
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 10:25:47 -0000 (UTC)

Alan wrote:

>On 2024-05-01 12:04, badgolferman wrote:
>>Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>In what way is Gmail "superior"? Is it that Google scrapes it to
>>>target you for advertisers?
>>>

>>Labels. Spam filtering. Rules.
>
>You can label emails in Apple mail, or you can put them into folders,
>which is what Gmail calls "labels.

Labels are different than folders.  Multiple labels can be assigned to
the same message and the label can be colored to your desire, thus
making it easily recognizable when the filter has assigned that label
and it's sitting unread in your Inbox.  Labels are a far more elegant
way of sorting your messages.  Of course you won't agree because you've
never used them to their full extent.  Also I've been a Gmail user
since the days it was invitation only and I'm not switching now.

>You can filter Spam (did you know that Google deliberately mislabels
>email as spam so that they can see if you actually find it
>important?).

Now I know you're full of shit!  That has never happened to me.

>Apple Mail has rules.
>
>Next.

Not rules which assign labels...

>>>Calendar? Same question.
>>>

>>More powerful scheduling options. Sharing between users. Overall
>>desktop look and feel.
>
>"Powerful"? Like what?
>
>You can share Apple's calenders.
>

>>I use the iOS calendar in my phone, but it pulls all my
>>appointments from the Google calendar.
>>
>>I don’t use Macs so I don’t use Apple desktop applications. Using
>>Google via Windows desktop is much simpler for me.
>
>So your complaints are actually based on services you've not actually
>tried to use.
>
>Got it.

I tried to use Apple Mail but it was cheesy compared to Gmail and I
didn't need to go any farther with it.  Now maybe if I was forced into
a Mac at work I'd have to try the desktop version, but considering even
they think it's a weak option and force everyone to use Outlook 365
that probably won't happen.  Plus I wouldn't be able to get any work
done since Macs aren't of any use for technical work.