Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<xn0olw75p65n0co006@reader443.eternal-september.org>

From: "badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Additions to the iOS/Android Features Document
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 20:10:00 -0000 (UTC)

Gordinator wrote:

>>9i. No bloatware ✓
>
>I beg to differ. What is Apple Podcasts doing? Apple Wallet? Apple
>Music? Stocks? Apple TV? Tips? Watch? I could go on and on:
>https://www.makeuseof.com/every-pre-installed-app-iphone/

Apple Wallet is very useful.  I use it all the time.  Stocks is
semi-useful if you don't care about lots.  Watch is absolutely needed
if you have an Apple Watch.  The rest I don't use.

>>20i. Face Recognition ✓
>
>Biometric security is inherently flawed. If it gets stolen, you
>cannot change it, unlike a password. A dead corpse can still be read
>with Face ID or fingerprint ID.

I'm not so sure about that.  But you can turn it off and just use 6-8
code instead.

>>23i. Native hearing aid support ✓
>
>I wear hearing aids, and I don't need this feature, because it does
>nothing Bluetooth Audio cannot.

I wear hearing aids too -- Signia.  The native Apple hearing aid
support is superior to the Signia app in every way.  There are far more
options and integration with other apps such as Phone and it includes
Live Listen which allows another person to talk into your phone if
there's too much background noise.

>>40i. Physical Silent Mode Switch  ✓
>
>Physical volume buttons exist.

The Silent rocker switch is better.  You can set it or feel its
position while in your pocket.

>>53i. Place and receive phone calls on Mac or iPad  ✓
>
>Why would you want to take calls on a laptop? Also, the Windows Phone
>Link, and also KDE Connect can do that, I am quite sure.

When you're sitting in bed or on the couch with your iPad and the phone
rings, you don't have to go find your phone to answer it.  It will ring
and you can answer it right in bed.  My mother and wife who can never
find their phones or have them in their purses use this feature all the
time.