Article <xn0oogpi840u91p006@reader443.eternal-september.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<xn0oogpi840u91p006@reader443.eternal-september.org>

From: "badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: phone migration
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2024 15:41:02 -0000 (UTC)

Today my work phone was migrated from an iPhone 11 to an iPhone 14.
Now I carry two iPhone 14 devices, a work and personal phone.

Ironically a Microsoft program named Entune is used to manage an Apple
device!  This allows the IT Department to remotely manage, disable,
erase the phone.  It also manages certificates related to our PIV
smartcards and email encryption.  The work phone is on the VZW network
whilst my personal phone is on the TMO network.

I asked the IT technician which phones are easier to migrate, iPhone or
Android.  She told me they both have their idiosyncracies, but with the
iPhone she can preload required apps and setup certain parameters
before I ever show up to switch phones over.  With Androids you have to
set up the user first before doing anything.

Make of that whatever you will.