Article <xn0oqzxp68p4oaa009@reader443.eternal-september.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<xn0oqzxp68p4oaa009@reader443.eternal-september.org>

From: "badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Troubleshooting on an iPad.
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2024 13:58:55 -0000 (UTC)

John Hill wrote:

>My son has has asked me:
>
>My iPad is getting slower and slower to the extent that it’s making
>some applications difficult to use. I could try shutting down or
>restarting but my perception is this is a recurring issue. Is there
>any known memory or process monitoring on the iPad to see if I have
>an app that is misbehaving?
>
>I know of none, but that doesn't mean there isn't anything. cAnd if
>there is I assume it would apply equally to the iPd and iPhone.
>
>Any suggestions? I have suggested a power down and restart, and he
>will try that for starters.
>
>Old John.

I would start by force closing all open apps and restarting the iPad.
Try using only native OS apps (Safari, etc.) for a while to see if the
issue recurs.  If all seems well slowly bring in other apps to identify
the potential bad one.

At some point the battery will probably get bad and cause problems too.
You may want to check its health as well.