Attention: The Usenet Article Lookup site has been updated.
The code for this site has been ported from Perl to PHP, so you could say, it is in beta mode. Please contact me if find any problems, or have any suggestions. -- Howard
Deutsch   English   Fran├žais   Italiano
<1153035655.906162.189340@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>

From: matsben@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Subject: Announce: tkpath 0.2
Date: 16 Jul 2006 00:40:55 -0700

                ANNOUNCE tkpath version 0.2
                ---------------------------

This package implements path drawing modelled after its SVG
counterpart,
see http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/.

It contains replacements for all canvas drawing items except for the
text item.
The core part is the path item which is very flexible. For items that
are
similar to existing canvas items I have prepended the names with a "p".
The items are:

  path
  prect
  circle
  ellipse
  pline
  polyline
  ppolygon
  pimage

They are typically much more flexible than their canvas counterparts.
Some features:

  antialiasing
  affine transforms
  opacity
  linear gradients
  radial gradients

It is also possible to define styles to be used for sets of items.
This is in line with modern design patterns that separate the apperance
from
the content.

Home: http://tclbitprint.sourceforge.net/

This package is simplest described using screenshots:
http://tclbitprint.sourceforge.net/tkpath/quartz/index.html
http://tclbitprint.sourceforge.net/tkpath/gdiplus/index.html
http://tclbitprint.sourceforge.net/tkpath/cairo/index.html

There are five backends used for drawing. They are all platform
specific
except for the Tk drawing which uses only the API found in Tk.
It is only to be used as a fallback when the cairo backend is missing.

The backends:

    1) CoreGraphics for MacOSX, built using ProjectBuilder

    2) GDI for Win32, built by VC++7 (.NET)

    3) GDI+ for WinXP, built by VC++7 (.NET), runs also on older system
       using the gdiplus.dll

    4) cairo (http://cairographics.org), built using the automake
system;
       the configure.in and Makefile.in files are a hack, so please
help
       yourself (and me). It requires a cairo 1.0 installation since
       incompatible API changes appeared before 1.0 (libcairo.so.2 ?).

    5) Tk drawing, fallback for cairo mainly, very basic

BSD style license.

Enjoy,   Mats (matben@users.sourceforge.net)