Attention: The Usenet Article Lookup site has been updated.
The code for this site has been ported from Perl to PHP, so you could say, it is in beta mode. Please contact me if find any problems, or have any suggestions. -- Howard
Deutsch   English   Fran├žais   Italiano
<f55375a0.0504062318.39a0724@posting.google.com>

From: matben@users.sourceforge.net (Mats)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Subject: ANNOUNCE: tkpath 0.1
Date: 7 Apr 2005 00:18:18 -0700

ANNOUNCE: tkpath 0.1
                         ____________________

This is the first release of the tkpath extension package to Tcl/Tk.
The  package implements path drawing modelled after its SVG counterpart,
see http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/. In short, it builds paths from one letter
instructions, M for move to, L for line to etc., and coordinates.
It is very flexible and reproduces all standard drawing canvas items.

Some of its features: opacity, antialiasing, gradient fills, affine
transformations, fill rules. Not all backends support all features.

The code is divided into two parts:

   1) Generic path drawing which also implements the platform specific parts.

   2) A path canvas item.

Part 1 contains the backends that call the actual drawing routines.
There are five (5) backends:

   1) CoreGraphics on MacOSX

   2) GDI on Win32 (lacking opacity and antialiasing)

   3) GDI+ on WinXP. This should also work on older Windows if you install
      the gdiplus.dll (http://www.visit.se/~matben/download/gdiplus.dll)
      I only have Win2000

   4) cairo on unix/linux (http://cairographics.org). You need to build
      this yourself or find a rpm. If you are worried that this introduces
      a dependency you are right, but I belive that cairo is officially
      a required build library for Gnome and Mono, and will therefore likely
      be included in future linux distros

      It is built using the automake system; the configure.in and Makefile.in
      files are a hack, so please help yourself (and me)

   5) Tk drawing, fallback for cairo mainly, very basic

I have put an example (cat eats bug) at:
http://tclbitprint.sourceforge.net/images/tiger.jpg
Note that the tiger head is _not_ an image; it is drawn by cubic splines
alone using an xml file from http://www.croczilla.com/svg/samples/
The actual drawing is probably copyrighted by someone. Included in demo.

Download:

I just zipped up the cvs which you get from:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/tclbitprint/tkpath0.1.tar.gz?download

It contains builds for 1-4 above (cairo on Linux-x86). Then do:
load tkpath*.(dll|dylib|so)
source library/tkpath.tcl

A bunch of demos are included. Sparse docs.

If anyone is interested in contributing, just tell me your intentions and your
SF username, and I will add you as a developer.

It's current "home" is the tkpath module of tclbitprint.sf.net
Needless to say, it is likely to be buggy, have memleaks and whatever...

BSD style license.

Enjoy,  Mats

PS: I do this from google so response may be slow...