Attention: The Usenet Article Lookup site has been updated.
The code for this site has been ported from Perl to PHP, so you could say, it is in beta mode. Please contact me if find any problems, or have any suggestions. -- Howard
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<g24h5f$t3n$1@news.xmission.com>

From: George Peter Staplin <georgeps@xmission.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Subject: ANNOUNCING: Whimterm 3 (an xterm widget)
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:38:39 +0000 (UTC)

Whimterm features an xterm widget for Tk.  It allows using xterm's
-into feature to embed a regular xterm into a Tk widget.

It supports resizing of the parent, and you can change the font size of
the xterm with ctrl-rightclick and the size will adjust via
Tk_GeometryRequest (if possible).

Here's a screenshot of the xterm widget with some ttk widgets running
with Tk 8.5.2:
http://www.xmission.com/~georgeps/implementation/software/megapkg/Whimterm.png

It uses Tcl and Tk stubs.

You can download the 3rd revision here (with a BSD license):
http://www.xmission.com/~georgeps/implementation/software/megapkg/Whimterm-3.tar.bz2

To build it you will need to modify the Makefile for your system.  No
autoconf goo yet, if ever.

The sources are in megapkg here:
http://megapkg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Whimterm/

svn checkout http://megapkg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Whimterm

This was inspired by a recent post requesting an xterm widget.  I hope
this helps.

Example usage:
pack [xterm .xterm] -fill both -expand 1

George